Amber Case: We are all cyborgs now
Technology is evolving us, says Amber Case, as we become a screen-staring, button-clicking new version of homo sapiens. We now rely on "external brains" (cell phones and computers) to communicate, remember, even live out secondary lives. But will these machines ultimately connect or conquer us? Case offers surprising insight into our cyborg selves.
I thought the part about techno social worm holes was fascinating. Basically it’s about how people aren’t physically transporting themselves but are mentally transporting themselves through technology. connecting at an instant. Its something I think about on occasion how it is so easy to contact other people now compared to our not so distant past and how we are so connected with technology now that it is almost vital for us to live.
cyborganthropology.com
website dedicated to cyborg anthropology
TedWomen: Amber Case on Cyborg Anthropology
an interview with Amber Case
Cyborg anthropologist Amber Case, the Technoccult interview
an interview with Amber Case
I,Cyborg
Article in Portland Mercury
In the interest of saving you from a redundant post, one of the talks that I watched was this one, so below is my take on it.
ReplyDeleteIn this Talk Miss Case speaks to the fact that with todays technology and social networking, we have all become cyborgs, in that we use technology to become more than we are.
Your impressions of the talk including a discussion of what was most significant to you and why
This talk was significant to me because I find current technology extremely fascinating, not to mention, I'm a total sci-fi junkie.
Three links associated with the individual or talk
Name of Link: Case Organic
URL of link http://caseorganic.com/
Brief Description of Link
A link to Miss Cases main page which works as a hub for all her various profiles on the web.
Name of Link: Amber Case's Twitter account
URL of link http://twitter.com/#!/caseorganic
Brief Description of Link
In keeping with Miss Case's subject, this is a link to her twitter account.
Name of Link: Case's Facebook profile
URL of link http://en-gb.facebook.com/caseorganic
Brief Description of Link
And her Facebook profile.