Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Clay Shirky: How cognitive surplus will change the world

Clay Shirky: How cognitive surplus will change the world


Clay Shirky looks at "cognitive surplus" -- the shared, online work we do with our spare brain cycles. While we're busy editing Wikipedia, posting to Ushahidi (and yes, making LOLcats), we're building a better, more cooperative world.

I wasn’t aware of the term cognitive surplus before watching this and I find it fascinating. I do find it interesting that we as humans are always finding ways to create and contribute to our world weather or not we are getting paid for it.

Clay Shirky on institutions vs. collaboration
shows how closed groups and companies will give way to looser networks where small contributors have big roles and fluid cooperation replaces rigid planning.

Cognitive Surplus: eh what?
a blog about Shirkys book cognitive surplus by Shona Ghosh.

Cognitive Surplus
a blog about Shirkys book cognitive surplus by Jonah Lehrer.

No comments:

Post a Comment