Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Dean Kamen Previews a New Prosthetic Arm
Dean_Kamen_Previews_a_New_Prosthetic_Arm
In this talk, Mr. Kamen talks about a new prosthetic arm for America's soldiers after 1,600 of the returning troops had returned missing limbs. The task is to create a prosthetic limb that is capable of picking up on nerve impulses and moving accordingly.
After watching the Amber Case Cyborg Anthropology video here, I was searching for more talks that are somewhat related. I felt that prosthetic arms fit quite well in this topic. I feel that the use of these arms will be quite significant in the future. The video of the limb was extremely impressive.
Below are three links to articles related to Mr. Kamen:
Dean Kamen is the founder of Deka Research and development.
Kamen is also the founder of FIRST, an organization with the intention of inspiring today's youth to get involved with technology.
Wikipedia article of Dean Kamen, most known for the invention of the Segway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment